Liberating Structures are a powerful set of facilitation techniques and interaction patterns
that unleash and involve the intelligence, wisdom, and creativity of groups.
Ever seen people tuning out during a boring presentation or status update? Experienced a brainstorm where only a handful of people were actively involved, while the rest was busy checking their phone? Been part of a group where only one or two people decide course and strategy? Let’s face it; the way we communicate, collaborate, make decisions and analyze information in groups is fundamentally broken.
The purpose of the group is to grow a community of people that use Liberating Structures by providing them with a place for experimentation, personal connection and giving and getting help: https://www.meetup.com/Liberating-Structures-Wroclaw-User-Group/
Conventional structures for meetings and communication are either holding everyone back (presentations, status reports, and managed discussions) or are too loose and disorganized (open discussions and brainstorms) to creatively engage people. They frequently generate feelings of frustration and/or exclusion and fail to provide space for good ideas to emerge and develop. This means that huge amounts of time and money are spent working the wrong way.
- People who work with groups and would like to explore how to better engage their creativity and wisdom (like teachers, team coaches, scrum masters, change agents, agile coaches, agile and lean practitioners, managers, project managers)
- Business and personal partners developing more capability to face down uncertainty with greater ease, imagination, and confidence
- Conference participants discovering longer-term connections and ideas that endure over time
- Product & innovation groups finding ways to strengthen their portfolios and act with greater strategic and tactical agility
- Scientists and research engineers finding ways to synthesize and integrate the key insights from their deep domain expertise in order to generate novel ways of making progress on entangled problems (like climate modeling)
- Organizations that are willing to host our meetups and offer challenges or cases to explore